Monday, April 11, 2016

(Nicolas) Bilbo Baggins impressions

When we're introduced to Bilbo Baggins we see that he is a very gentlemanly type of character because he acts fancy and well mannered. In the beginning of the book he is shown off as the person who is rich and tidy of his house like he is his own butler of some sorts. He is always wanting everything to look nice and doesn't like change,  I noticed this when Gandolf came to his house and asked him if he wanted to go on an adventure. Bilbo Baggins is the kind of person that likes a scheduled/ linear day, one that has consistency or has been planned which gives the second point of the tidy personality. In the beginning of the book we see that he lives alone in what is called a hobbit-hole in a small village, but what is interesting is that he has such an unnecessarily large house because when the 14 dwarves stay the night he has enough rooms for all of them.

So far I'm liking the main character, but he has some character traits that i also don't like about him.
What I don't understand is that when he is sneaking up on the trolls we find out he is a thief of some sorts which doesn't add up to the rest of his character and setting. One other thing I didn't like about Bilbo is that when he is seen in a bad situation or something like bad weather he always says something about missing his fireplace in his hobbit-hole. So far that is what i think of the main character so far.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that he is a gentleman.I also think that he is okay with getting dirty sometimes just like when he goes with the 14 Dwarfs,by the way there are 14 dwarfs.Just like you said I like him but I also have other people who I like more that Bilbo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree when you say you don't under staind why he was sneaking up on trolls. Maybe he was trying to show off? I am not sure but other than that i agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete