Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Discussion Summary (Roman B., Quentin B., Tate T.)

         We think that Thorin and company have been very lucky.  We think this because they survived in ways that they didn't plan and it was luck that it happened.  We think that if they left the secret door open in the lonely mountain, that they would've died.  This is because Smaug can breathe fire and it would've gone through the tunnel.  Our group also thinks that Thorin didn't show the way out of the cave because they were scared to move.  This is because they were scared that Smaug will sense them when they move then kill them.  We also think that Smaug went away so that they can catch them by surprise then kill them.  This is because Smaug has been trying to kill them then he diapered all of a sudden.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you that they have been lucky, but they shut the door on pure instinct which doesn't seem like luck to me,but I also agree with how they stayed in the tunnel because most likely they didn't know what would happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good discussion! However, I agree with my fellow commenter when he said that the door didn't shut by luck. I kind of wish you'd included more evidence as to why they were lucky. Other than that, though, good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agreed with mostly everything you said, but at the time I read that part, I thought Smaug left to destroy the Lake-men's village, since the last thing Smaug said before he disappeared was "If you are not one of those men of the Lake, you had their help. They shall see me and remember who the real king under the mountain!"

    ReplyDelete