Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hobbit conflict

I think the Hobbit's main conflict is man vs. nature because he is being battled by severe storms, lack of food, goblin attacks, and intense riddle fights with Gollum. I chose man vs. nature over man vs. man because Gollum and the goblins don't really classify in my eyes at least as "man".

So far being attacked by goblins have halted the quests progress and forced them to continue down the mountain instead of making progress towards Smaug and retrieving the gold for the dwarves.

I think that the characters will prevail in their quest mainly because they have Gandolf on their team, I mean Bilbo's cool in all but Gandolf's just the best person around. He made a bunch of trolls kill each other by talking. Personally I think the story is centered around the wrong person. However I do believe that Bilbo and his rag-tag team will ultimately prevail in their quest for gold, and the desolation of the dragon Smaug.


No comments:

Post a Comment