Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Author of the Hobbit (Hailey M.)

The author of the Hobbit is J.R.R. Tolkien. In the past John Ronald Reuel Tolkien wrote the Lord of the rings. The Lord of the rings is a very well-known book series containing about six different books. In many of the six the name Bilbo Baggins is included. This book was published before the LOTR and takes place before. We know this because Bilbo and Frodo are first cousins once removed. He wrote this book most likely to introduce us to middle earth and the creatures that live there. I suspect that Tolkien had the LOTR already thought through when the Hobbit was published. Though this book is not with the LOTR series it most certainly makes the LOTR series easier to read.

4 comments:

  1. I like the way you are telling the facts. I agree with you when you say it makes the Lord of the Rings series easier to read once you've read the Hobbit. Since The Hobbit is such great book it just wants you to read the books coming after it. I would like you to tell who Frodo is more but overall I agree with everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you are telling the facts. I agree with you when you say it makes the Lord of the Rings series easier to read once you've read the Hobbit. Since The Hobbit is such great book it just wants you to read the books coming after it. I would like you to tell who Frodo is more but overall I agree with everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked that you added background information on other things he's published such as The Lord of the Rings. This background information made it easier for me to understand the connection between the two texts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frodo couldn't be talked about because he wasn't born until Bilbo got grey hair. I beleive that the hobbit was wrote to explain what Bilbo meant when he and Gandalf talked about old times which confused early readers. However, the hobbit was offered to be published first but was turned down to later be a prequel to lotr.

    ReplyDelete