Monday, April 25, 2016

Bilbo Baggins: Weak Or Strong

For Bilbo Baggins, I put him as strong. Compared to Gandalf, he would be in the upper middle, but since we're comparing him to other characters from other books, him on the stronger side seemed right. In the beginning, he was really weak, but as the story progressed, so did his character. If you compared him in beginning of the book, to the end, you can tell a massive difference. It went from him being a liability and having to be saved, to saving his friends and ended up becoming the leader of his group. I put him on the end of strong because of these things. Also, there was like a latter of Bilbos, so I had to add on.
Everyone in our group said that Bilbo was a strong character, except Spencer. He said that in the Battle of the Five Armies (he is two days ahead,) Bilbo doesn't do much. He then said that Bilbo was doing a lot until something happened, that me and Carson have no idea what. Tyson, who has read this book like a week before our lit reading groups, begged to differ. They argued, and from what I heard, I think Bilbo got hurt and that's why he stopped doing work, but that's my guess.
I think that Bilbo has a little room left to grow stronger, since they still have to defeat Smaug. He, and his companions will have to brave up and eventually end up fighting and defeat Smaug, which I have no idea how, since he's practically invincible and can also can disintegrate anything near him in a large radius.

No comments:

Post a Comment